Factsheet: weinor at a glance
- Foundation of the weinor workshop in Cologne by Dieter Weiermann. Later developed into the "weinor" brand, "wei" stands for "Weiermann", "nor" for "Norm" (standard).
- The modular awnings system is invented that allows for different types of awnings to be produced.
- The first A-K cassette awning is developed, which when closed protects the fabric all round.
- New production hall building in Cologne
- Development of production site in Möckern.
- Griesser AG, the Swiss market leader for sun protection, acquires a majority holding in weinor.
- Thilo Weiermann becomes the new Managing Director of weinor.
- Market launch of the WGM 2000 conservatory awnings system.
- Market launch of the Opal Lux awning – the first awning with integrated lighting.
- Product launch of the first conservatory warm roof system with integrated sun protection system:°WeiTop Comfort with WGM Integral.
- R+T trade fair: Innovation award for the conservatory warm top system with integrated sun protection system: WeiTop Comfort with WGM Integral.
- Market launch of the°WeiTop Terrazza°patio roof and the°WGM Sottezza°underlay conservatory awning.
- Increased development of sunscreen installations with additional functions. Accessories such as the°Tempura heating system°and Lux light bar. Awnings become lifestyle products with all-year round function.
- Construction and start-up of two high-tech powder coating plants in Cologne and Möckern.
- Development of the°WeiTronic°radio technology.
- Innovative weather protection: the°VertiTex°vertical sun protection is sun, weather and privacy protection in one.
- Market launch of the°WeiTop DS°sliding skylight as well as the°WeiTop DL 185°and°DL 460°roof vents.
- Foundation of the°WiGa expert team°together with retailers and partners to improve customer service.
- New°"Patio World"°marketing strategy: range of full solutions from awnings to patio roofs to conservatories. All products come from one source and are coordinated with each other.
- Market launch of Glasoase®.
- Expansion of product range by special glazing elements (GE) for customised full solutions for the conservatory and Glasoase®.
- The°VertiTex vertical shading°receives the°red dot design award°for high quality design.
- weinor is awarded in the°Top 100 companies°specifically for its outstanding innovation marketing.
- Product launch of the°Valance Plus with motor.
- Market launch of the product protection sensor°WeiTronic Agido-868.
- New claim and new logo:°"Relax al fresco".
- weinor°"TopTeam"°marketing programme celebrates its°10th anniversary.
- The°red dot award: product design°in the "Garden" category goes to the weinor°Glasoase®.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: weinor founds the Sonnen-Sprosse e.V.°association.
- TV presenter and graduate engineer for interior design°Eva Brenner°becomes an ambassador for weinor.
- Start of the "Topics that concern us all" series of events for the further training of weinor employees.
- Market launch of the w17-c all-glass sliding door.
- °CLASSIC°side glazing for the Glasoase®°is added to by the new°LITE°and°SUPER LITE°side glazing.
- Award in the TOP 100 companies in the "Top Management Encouraging of Innovation" category.
- iF Product Design Award: the Plaza Pro textile patio roof wins in the "Buildings" category.
- weinor receives an award as a family-friendly company as part of the°"Family-friendly commercial areas in Cologne"°from the city of Cologne
- Product launch of the°Terrazza Plus,°a variation of the Terrazza patio roof.
- Market launch of a new generation of awnings with the Zenara°cassette awning.
- Market launch of°PergoTex.
- Market launch of the w49-c all-glass rotating and folding door and the w39-c all-glass folding door.
- Product launch of the°LongLife folding arm.
- Polyester°WeiTex°fabric collection: expanded by eight new Classic patterns.
- R+T trade fair:°The°Zenara°is awarded with the°special design prize°at the°Innovation Awards.
- weinor becomes the main sponsor of Cologne's RheinStars basketball club.
- Market launch of the Livona open design awning.
- weinor sponsors the traditional club 1. FC Köln.
- weinor starts the Top Team entrepreneur days.
- 4 weinor awnings receive 10 international design awards in total.
- weinor develops the 3D designer for the digital planning of patio roofs.
- The Livona design awning receives the red dot design award.
- Market launch of the Sottezza II underlay conservatory awning.
- weinor starts selling its products in Switzerland.
- Market launch of the PergoTex II pergola awning.